- This event has passed.
Salt Spring Documentary Film Festival | Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
March 4March 5
2. Information Collection.A. Information You Provide. We and our Service Providers (defined below) may collect information you provide directly via the Service, including when you sign-up for our mailing lists, purchase, view or interact with our content, or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Service. The categories of information we collect, and have collected in the past 12 months, include:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, company name, and email address.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support).
- Usage Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, content you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and referring/exit pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, device identifiers such as IP address, browser type, operating system, data regarding network connected hardware, and internet service provider.
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, are small data files stored on a user’s device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help in understanding how you use the Service, and may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and may be controlled through your browser settings
- Manage and operate our Service, including financing and producing content such as nonfiction TV series and documentary films;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Improve the Service of other Reckless Bandon websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Conduct promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entities.
- Develop and send you advertising, direct marketing, and communications regarding our and other entities products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events;
- Fulfill any other purpose at your direction; and
- With notice to you and your consent.
- Service Providers. We share information with our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) that process information on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing, advertising, website hosting, and technical support. These Service Providers are prohibited from using information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded content and services.
- Promotions. Our promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by other parties. When you voluntarily enter a promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service, the individuals involved in our films, or any third party.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We share information with our affiliates and related entities, including where they act as our service provider for their own internal purposes.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and with your consent.
6. Your Rights and Choices.A. Accessing Your Information. You may access, update, or remove certain information that you voluntarily submitted to us when you made a purchase through the Service by sending an e-mail to us at [email protected]. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Tracking Technologies.
- Cookies. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what website operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
7. Children.The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under 13 years of age. Reckless Bandon does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Reckless Bandon has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please e-mail us here or send us a letter to Reckless Bandon Pictures LLC, 25 East 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Attention: Legal), and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA. We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
8. Data Security.We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Service.
11. Contact Us.If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us here or send us a letter to Reckless Bandon Pictures LLC, 25 East 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Attention: Legal).
12. Additional Disclosures for California Residents.To the extent Reckless Bandon is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), these additional disclosures apply only to California residents covered by the CCPA. A. Notice of Collection. In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, and online identifiers (such as IP address).
- Commercial or transactions information, including trailers watched and records of content purchased.
- Internet activity, including browsing history, search history, and interactions with a website, video, email, or advertisement.
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.